NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
‘SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD’ DATES:
Sweepstakes begins on May 16th, 2022, at 12:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on May 31h, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. Employees, officers and directors of S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its promotional partners (including, without limitation, promotion administrators, digital agencies and independent judging agencies), or their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, or web masters/suppliers, and their IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency which are final and binding in all respects. Void outside the United States and District of Columbia and where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
During the Sweepstakes Period, participants can enter the Sweepstakes on Instagram as follows:
To enter the grand prize drawing: you must be following @grovecollaborative and @methodproducts on Instagram. To enter via Instagram, during the Sweepstakes Period, look for the posts on @grovecollaborative and @methodproducts that mention the Sweepstakes with the hashtag #methodparksweeps (“Post”). Then, like and comment on any one of those Posts by tagging one (1) friend and naming which national park in the United States you would like to visit using #methodparksweeps in your comment (each, an “Entry”).
TO ENTER A FIRST PRIZE DRAWING: You must be following @grovecollaborative and @methodproducts on Instagram. To enter via Instagram, look for the Sweepstakes post(s) on at least one (1) of the following influencer’s Instagram pages: @localpassportfamily, @theloverspassport, @impact.overland, @reneeroaming, @trentandallie, @gondirtin, @courtneysteeves, @aliviafields, @matthewonpoint, @chelseyexplores, @whereis_brittany, @e.mcgrady and @offthegridwithakid that mentions the Sweepstakes with the hashtag #methodparksweeps (each, an “Influencer Post”). Then, like and comment on that Influencer Post by tagging one (1) friend and name which national park in the United States that you would like to visit using #methodparksweeps in your comment (each, a “First Prize Entry”).
Following @grovecollaborative and @methodproducts on Instagram and tagging one (1) friend, naming a national park in the United States and including the hashtag #methodparksweeps are required for the Entry and First Prize Entry to qualify. You will receive one (1) Entry for each valid comment with all required information. Each friend tagged must be a different person and each comment must be unique. Instagram Entry may require a wireless device with Internet access or WiFi. Standard data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details. Entries must be posted on Instagram by the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Entry and First Prize Entry must be posted from an Instagram profile set to “public”. Instagram app may be downloaded for no charge from the app store on your mobile device (data rates may apply) or to a desktop/laptop by visiting www.instagram.com.
All Entries and First Prize Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. C.T. on 5/31/22 to be eligible. Entries generated by script, macro, programmed, mechanical or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one (1) Entry per person per day and one (1) First Prize Entry per person for each influencer per day. Each Entry or First Prize Entry must follow all requirements as stated above in order to qualify.
Participants may not enter using multiple Instagram accounts nor may participants use any other means, device or artifice to enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple Instagram accounts or other means, devices or artifices under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, at Sponsor's discretion.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook, Inc. By entering, participants understand that they are providing information to Sponsor and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
Instagram Entry Requirements: Your privacy options on your Instagram account can be set either to “PRIVATE” or “PUBLIC”. One entry per Instagram account during the ‘Sweepstakes Period’ via the @methodproducts in-feed post. Multiple accounts may not be used, and anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
Entry Limit: one (1) entry per person per account. The maximum entries per person per account during the ‘Sweepstakes Period’ is one (1). Entries received in excess of the entry limit stated herein will be disqualified. If the Sponsor determines that the content of the entry is obscene, offensive, or inappropriate, the entry will not be eligible for any prize consideration and may be withdrawn from the Sweepstakes at any time at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including, but not limited to, entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these accounts or related e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked. By submitting an entry, Entrant agrees to comply with the Sweepstakes Rules. Entries may only be submitted by a single Entrant. Entries that do not comply with these Sweepstakes Rules, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Decisions of the Sponsor is final and binding.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS:
One (1) potential Grand Prize winner and One Hundred Thirty (130) potential First Prize winners (10 per Influencer) will be selected in separate random drawings to be held on or about 6/1/22 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by Sponsor’s independent judging organization, whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. If for any reason an influencer is not able to post or participate, Sponsor reserves the right to award more First Prize winners per the remaining influencers to ensure a total of One Hundred Thirty (130) First Prizes are awarded.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be contacted by a representative of Sponsor. Sponsor may comment or send a direct message to a winning Entry on Instagram and require potential winner to send an email to Sponsor’s designated email address as provided by Sponsor to claim the prize. Potential winners will be required to respond to Sponsor within 24 hours of notification providing any information requested by Sponsor. If Sponsor does not receive a reply message from potential winner within the specified time, prize may be forfeited. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in a participant’s contact information. A potential winner is subject to verification, including, without limitation, verification of age and compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or if prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner who will also be selected randomly, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely the winner's responsibility, regardless of whether prize, in whole or in part, is used. Any personal information provided or collected in connection with this Sweepstakes is subject to the Privacy Notice stated on http://www.scjbrands.com/privacy. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list. Grand Prize winner may be issued an IRS 1099.
Potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of date of prize notification. Failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period will result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of a 3-night/4-day trip to the Grand Canyon (the “Trip”) for winner and one (1) guest, along with one (1) gift pack of Method 59 Parks limited edition products as specified by Sponsor. Trip includes the following:(1) National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass (“Park Pass”), round trip, coach air transportation for winner and one (1) guest between a major gateway airport near winner’s home and a major gateway airport near the Grand Canyon, three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations (1 standard room, double occupancy), rental car (eligible drivers only and if Trip winner is not an eligible driver this portion of the Trip will be forfeited and any difference in value will not be awarded; excludes gas, tolls, parking, insurance, collision damage waiver and is subject to car rental terms & conditions), $500.00 spending allowance awarded in the form of a pre-paid debit card of which use is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Use of Park Pass is subject to the terms and conditions set by issuer Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless guest is the child or legal ward of winner, and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is child or legal ward of winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward. All reservations and travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation (e.g., valid photo ID, visas, and passports), health screening and/or compliance testing and insurance (if applicable) prior to travel. Grand prize winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable air travel, hotel and park visitation rules, as applicable, and regulations in connection with the Trip. Park pass awarded may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and Trip forfeiture. Sponsor and the park entities will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster, pandemic, epidemic outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the park pass usage. Park Pass will be shipped to the Grand Prize winner. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Sponsor’s only obligation is to ship the Park Pass. Sponsor is not responsible for any mis-delivery, delay, or any lost, damage, or stolen prize. If Trip prize winner lives within a 100-mile radius of the Grand Canyon as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, ground transportation will be provided to such grand prize Trip winner in lieu of air travel and any difference in value will not be awarded. Travel must be booked 120 days in advance and trip must be taken by 6/30/23. Travel is subject to availability, black-out dates, advanced notice requirements, and once booked, no changes will be permitted. Grand prize Trip winner and guest will not receive frequent flyer miles, hotel stay award points or other “perks” in conjunction with grand prize Trip travel. Certain travel restrictions apply. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including without limitation, ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, souvenirs, gratuities, telephone calls, incidentals and any other personal or unspecified costs or expenses incurred during the Trip, and any/all travel and other applicable insurance are the sole responsibility of the Trip winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize Trip: $3,500. Actual value may vary based on departure dates and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between the ARV stated above and the actual value will not be awarded.
One Hundred Thirty (130) First Prizes (10 per Influencer): each First Prize winner will receive one (1) National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass (“Park Pass”) and one (1) gift pack of Method 59 Parks limited edition products as specified by Sponsor. Park Pass is not transferable and may not be resold. Use of Park Pass is subject to the terms and conditions set by issuer. ARV: $108.00 ea. Park Pass & gift pack will be shipped to each First Prize winner. Please allow 6-8 weeks for shipment. Sponsor’s only obligation is to ship the Park Pass & gift pack. Sponsor is not responsible for any mis-delivery, delay, or any lost, damage, or stolen prize.
Total ARV of all prizes: $17,540.00.
If a potential winner cannot accept a prize (or portion thereof) as stated, prize may be forfeited in its entirety. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment or transfer of any prize, except by Sponsor who reserves right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Potential Prize winner may be required to demonstrate control of the Instagram account associated with a winning Entry. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Prizes pictured in Instagram Post(s) and Influencer Post(s) are for display only. Actual Prize may vary from that depicted in advertising materials. Prizes will be awarded assuming at least one (1) valid Entry is received for the Grand Prize @grovecollaborative and/or @methodproducts pages and at least ten (10) valid First Prize Entries are received on each respective influencer’s Instagram page and that prizes are properly claimed. Unclaimed or undeliverable prizes may not be awarded.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, participants hereby agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) that Sponsor, its promotional partners (including, without limitation, promotion administrators, digital agencies, influencers and independent judging agencies), Grove Collaborative, Inc., Fifty-Nine Parks, Facebook, Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize including preparing for or traveling to any prize-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities; (b) except where legally prohibited, by participating each winner hereby grants permission and the right to Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness and biographical and prize information and/or statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, commercial, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and/or world wide web, without notice or review to, or approval from the winner and/or any third party; (c) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By participating, each participant hereby irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief.
8. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, garbled, “likes”, “follow” requests, direct messages, pinned images, or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, wireless provider, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, application or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether printing, typographical, human, mechanical, electronic or network or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the winners and/or prizes, the incorrect or inaccurate capture or processing of entries, “likes”, “follow” requests, direct messages, pinned images, or email or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, script, automatic, macro, programmed, like entry methods or any method which subvert the entry process will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any participant using such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of any website associated with this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of any website associated with the Sweepstakes. In no event will Sponsor award more than the stated number of prizes. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
CAUTION -- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
In no event will any of the Released Parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of any websites associated with this Sweepstakes or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from such websites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on such websites is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations of exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
9. DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in any way connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in any way connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (c) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (d) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket costs, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, each participant agrees that (a) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of such participant in connection with this Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, and any arbitrator shall apply, the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction) which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin, and (b) any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Racine County, Wisconsin. By participating, each participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Racine County, Wisconsin and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts.
11. WINNERS LIST: Following verification, Winner(s) will be posted on Instagram @methodproducts or For a list of winners, send an email to be received by 6/30/22 to: Winners@ASMnet.com and include “Grove 59 Parks Sweepstakes Winners” in the subject line. DO NOT SEND ENTRIES OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CORRESPONDENCE TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
12. SPONSOR: S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc., 1525 Howe St., Racine, WI 53403.